- There are two categories, Open and Set – Water Life. Members can submit up to 2 open entries and 1 set entry, so a maximum of 3 entries.
- This is a competition for digital images only.
- The format will be a set of 4 images that have a theme so that they work together as a whole, either sequentially telling a story, or as a set reinforcing the stated theme.
- The 4 images will be judged both individually and collectively. An image that is under standard will lower the entire set, so consistency across the images comprising the set is very important. Ultimately it is a “Set of Four”. The whole should be greater than the sum of its parts.
- Digital enhancement of images is allowed with no restrictions; however, all images must be the work of the entrant captured on any type of camera.
Water Life – Definition
As long as the elements of water and life are preeminent, this is open to your own creative interpretation
- The theme title is to be chosen by the entrant. “Untitled” is not an acceptable theme.
- The theme must be recorded at the time of entry.
- Relevance of the images to the theme title is essential as the images making up the set are intended to be judged individually and collectively.
- There is no entry form as all required information is supplied with the images.
- Entries are to be submitted by email to email@example.com
- Format; Image size to be a maximum of 1920 pixels wide and a maximum of
1080 pixels high, sRGB and jpg (the same as for Club night)
- 5 images are to be submitted; the 4 images that make up the Set of Four and a “5th Image” which is a composite of your 4 images.
- Each file name should be in the format;
SOF23_Open_Joe_Bloggs_Theme_1 to 5 or
SOF23_Set_Joe_Bloggs_Theme_1 to 5
Here, for example, is the winning set from 2022;
“Sea Shells on the Sea Shore” by Pauline Smith
- Entries will have been judged prior to the display night, however, it is intended that the judge will be present on the night to answer questions and provide commentary.
- The judge’s decision will be final.
- There is no entry fee.
- Entrants must be financial members of Manukau Photographic Society.
- Images previously entered at club nights may form part of your set
- Entries are now open.
- Entries are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 30 July 2023
- A presentation will be held in the “Chapel” at 7:30pm Tuesday 22 August 2023.
- All entries will be viewed and our judge Errol Kelly will provide written commentary.
- Winners will be announced; best Open set, best Water Life set and then the Set of Four Trophy will be presented to the overall Best set.
If anyone has any questions please contact Bryan at email@example.com